All the directions collected in a single place.
Below you can find a list of all the directions that should be observed before a surgical procedure. Some relate to the period before the operation, others for the post-operative period. At the end of the list there is an anonymous questionnaire on your satisfaction with our services. Each patient receives the questionnaire at the end of their visit with us. We kindly ask you to fill it out and return it. Your opinion is very important to us.
INFORMATION FOR PATIENTS>/strong>
You will be informed of the date and time of admission into the hospital by telephone. Changes in our schedule do occur from time to time, but we will certainly keep you informed. Our main goal is your safety and successful recovery after your procedure. You can greatly contribute to a successful outcome by following the follwing directions.
GENERAL DIRECTIONS BEFORE SURGERY>/strong>
- Immediately inform us of any changes in your health (fever, cold, inflammation)
- Cease taking Aspirin or other medicines influencing blood coagulation (e.g. Andol, Tagren, Naprosyn, vitamin E and various herbal medicines) at least 7 days prior to the procedure or consult your personal physician.
- Cease smoking and drinking alcohol.
- Do not eat anything before your admission into hospital. The last meal can be eaten at least six hours prior to admission. Eat light meals on the day before your procedure.
- Take a long shower or bath in the morning before your departure to reduce the likelihood of infection. Do not shave the presumed location of the procedure, the personnel at the hospital will do it for you.
- Remove all make up, nail polish or artificial nails to simplify the monitoring of circulation and reduce the likelihood of infection. Also remove all jewellery.
- Bring any medication you take regularly with you to the hospital. Take your blood pressure reducing medication with a small sip of water, but do not take any other medication on the day of your procedure.
- It is advised that you bring your toiletries and slippers with you. All other necessities will be provided for you at the hospital.
- You will need to remove any orthopedic devices (glasses, contact lenses, dentures) before the procedure.
- Leave any valuables, credit cards or large amounts of money at home.
- Make arrangements for accompaniment upon your release from the hospital.
- Operacija pljuc-navodila pred in po operaciji.pdf (, )
- Operacija scitnice-navodila pred in po operaciji.pdf (, )
- Antirefluksna operacija (GERB)-navodila pred in po operaciji.pdf (, )
- Operacija Hernia Disci-navodila pred in po operaciji-ledvena discektomija.pdf (, )
- Operacija krcnih žil-varice-navodila pred in po operaciji.pdf (, )